Thursday 5 April 2018

Coffee and Wine aren't good for your teeth?

I know that I am not a perfect human.  In fact, I probably have a few more vices than many and some of those affect me more than I ever thought.  It is pretty crazy to think that just simply loving coffee and wine could have dental health issues instead of all the other things you always hear about. So this article is about working on bettering myself and hopefully you too. That is why it is important to make sure you are doing your best to protect your body and there are some areas that get neglected that can help or hurt your body on a daily basis. What I believe is a big area that gets skipped is the area of dental health.  This is an area that we use daily and we can have an impact on our mouths and teeth by what we drink every single day.  I know that personally, this is an area that I need to work on and my normal habits are actually causing my teeth to erode at an accelerated rate. I actually made a little diet that I started to follow not for weightloss, but for dental health.



Every single morning I am always waking up, taking my vitamins, and then drinking lots of coffee.  I simply love coffee and it goes beyond the need for the caffeine.  Yes, I am more than addicted to it and definitely have withdrawn if I don't get enough.  But it is simply the taste and the warmth that excites me every morning.  There is no way I feel like I could go on with my life without my wonderful morning kick of coffee.



My entire adult life has been based on getting caffeine in the morning and doing it with coffee.  But what I am also doing is drinking multiple mugs full every single day.  That means I am exposing my teeth to a lot of acid and tooth staining liquid every single day.  I know I should be drinking less, but it is simply a necessity and I feel like I must have it.  What I am doing is causing my teeth to erode much faster than they should be and I think it is hurting me.  I am certain that my teeth are turning browner and yellower on average and that is my teeth being eaten away.  Even though I brush a lot this can actually hurt my teeth more. I know that drinking less is going to be an important health move for me.


So I also am not stupid and understand the side effects of quitting cold turkey so I got some caffeine pills.  That is my goal to cut back on this drink that simply hurts me and millions of Americans dental health each and every day.  I think that tea will give me the same feeling and caffeine pills will actually keep me from getting withdrawal symptoms and my morning will still have a nice kick involved.


There are also other vices and wine is pretty much on the same pace at that one.  I know that I like to drink a glass at night and the same issues bove are still in it.  SO my goal is to also cut that in half as well.  My teeth are worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy Candy for your kids and their teeth

You’ll love these healthy Easter treats as much as your kids!  Yes, we’re still advocating for candy because no kid needs to be denied the l...